November 5th, 2007
The latest and greatest ZDT 0.7.0 final release is now available. If you’re still on 0.6.1, you should find quite a bit of new stuff. People that have been playing around with the beta and rc releases will notice a variety of bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks to all the people who have helped contribute to this release.Â If you find this program useful, please consider helping out or making a donation. Your support is what allows ZDT development to continue.
New features since 0.6.1
- Character and pinyin fonts can be changed individually.
- Stroke Order Animations are now accessible via hotkey (F5). Works in dictionary, flashcard, and category editors.
- Pinyin Recall Mode can now be configured to show character only, definition only or both. (Thanks to Uwe)
- Custom import will now import a better percentage of entries for S P D and T P D patterns.
- Self Review mode improvements. Can now show more than one aspect (character, pinyin, definition) on a card at a time. Also, users can now score themselves on the test.
- User database can be changed without restarting application.
- Special characters (like spaces, periods, commas, etc) can now be included in pinyin and character fields.
- Interval flashcard testing. The better you know a flashcard, the less often it gets shown to you. Shamelessly copied from the excellent flashcard program IFlash.
- Resume last flashcard session. If you close the program or stop a flashcard session in the middle, you will now have the option to resume from where you left off.
- Multiple sound plugin support. If you have multiple sound plugins installed, they will both be available to you to play. NOTE: The old sound plugin will not work from this version on. Please download the net.sourceforge.zdt.sound.adso or net.sourceforge.zdt.sound.roddy sound plugins instead.
- Roddy sound plugin available. Sounds given to me by Roddy from chinese-forums.com. Male voice, no neutral tones.
- Keyboard hotkeys can be changed via preferences.
- A ton of bugs have also been fixed. Take a look at the changelog for more details.
Please try this latest version and hopefully you will find it useful for improving your chinese learning.
Entry Filed under: ZDT